Sunday, September 20, 2009

law school

I'm in Toronto now, I started studying at U of T law school a couple of weeks ago.

I like it so far. I have but 9 hours of class a week, and Fridays off. Yet somehow I'm already busier than I ever was in undergrad. I'm not exactly sure why either, but it something to do with the amount of reading, and the sort of reading. Most of what we've done so far is reading cases, and discussing those in class, to figure out the legal rules contained therein.

The people are are all great. I've been very impressed by everyone in my class, they're very smart, and also very cool, well adjusted people. And everyone has done lots of travel, or other interesting things. Normally I'm not sure how to talk about how I've spent the past two years in Cuba and France; people sometimes find it hard to relate to, but it's fairly normal here.

They say law school is like high school, and I can see why. There are about 190 of use, and we all have the same classes, in the same buildings, so we always see everyone, and I expect I'll know everyone pretty soon. We even have lockers.

1 comment: