Monday, October 26, 2009

Flashes of Memory

All through today I've had random bits of memory from scenes long distant flashing through my mind. None have been particularly significant. I just remembered the house where I was billeted for a grade 8 band trip. The rest have been equally random, with no apparent, conscious triggers. Usually they've been places I was only ever temporarily, such as campgrounds, hotels or the like.

I had this sort of thing happen a lot during my first couple of months in Cuba, when I was still getting used to Spanish and spent a lot of time mute, with only my thoughts. But that seemed more guided, or at least I was reliving whole scenes, or periods of my life.

These are just flashes of nothing. Does anyone else ever have that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment